ADVANCE YOUR SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE IN PRACTICAL WAY
Using problem-based learning (PBL) strategies you will complete three projects that address the following topics, relevant to your workplaces in your industry:
- Identifying and analysing scientific or technical problems
- Using and maintaining scientific or technical equipment
- Collecting and storing samples, data or other evidence
- Undertaking and evaluating scientific or technical procedures
- Describing workplace operations and equipment in scientific laboratories or technical facilities
There are three PBL projects in this module
1. Identifying Technical Problems and Collecting Samples or Data: Investigating technical problems in the workplace; collecting and treating samples, data or other evidence.
2. Analytical Procedures: Using specialised technical equipment to analyse samples, data or other evidence; undertaking routine and advanced scientific or technical analyses.
3. Workplace Operations: Describing the operations and equipment of a laboratory or other technical environment.
- Identify technical or scientific problems that occur in the workplace and demonstrate appropriate techniques for collecting and treating samples or data.
- Demonstrate techniques used to analyse and solve technical problems.
- Describe the operations of a scientific laboratory or other technical environment.