Learn to design a garden
A great starting point for amateur gardeners or anyone working in landscaping.
There are 17 lessons in this course:
Introduction to Garden Design
Appropriateness of Garden Design
How to Create Impact
How to Design within Budget
How to Choose Plants
Making a Garden that is Usable
Blending the Garden with the House
Making a Winter Garden Comfortable
Creating Gardens for Children
Garden Design for Home security
Lighting in the Garden
Dealing with Shade
Incorporating Garden Art
Using Colour in Garden Design
Where Colour can be Applied
How Your Course Works
- Enrol any time. Your enrolment will be processed usually within a day or two; and during business hours, often within an hour.
- You will then receive an email explaining the course and how to
access to a study guide, and our help desk. The guide contains both an
audio and written explanation of how the course can be undertaken in a
way where you can choose to emphasise or de-emphasise aspects of your
learning, according to where your greatest interest or needs may lay.
- You then follow the study guide, reading and undertaking varied
learning tasks, designed by professional educators to broaden and deepen
your understanding of the subject. These tasks can vary from practicals
to research and more.
- If and when you need to; you can contact our academic staff via a help desk. Emails are answered every working day.
- On concluding each lesson, you are presented with a series of
automated self assessment questions, to review and reinforce your
- On conclusion of all lessons; you are presented with a major
online exam; comprising lots of questions, reflecting the scope of all
- A final exam is able to be tackled in completion of all lessons;
and when you feel comfortable and confident of having understood and
retained most of what has been studied.
- The exam is assessed in our online training system immediately
it is submitted; and if you achieve a result of 60% or more, you are
given access to download a “Certificate of Completion” This certificate
carries your name (extracted from the original enrolment order);
together with a current date, and carrying endorsements from this school
and the ACS Global Partners Network.
Everything is automatic; but if you do need help at any
point along your journey of discovery; but there is a help desk, with
real people who have real expertise –only an email away